1. Look At Talent’s Proficiency, Not PedigreeEducation and the development of skill sets can go beyond a talent’s formal qualifications. Even though graduating from a top-tier college may signify a talent’s intelligence and capability, work experience or even qualifications from different fields can go a long way in the workplace as well. To hire top talent, one who is ready from day one and best fits your company, you can consider asking yourself these questions:
- What skill sets does the job position require?
- Are some of the necessary skills transferable from elsewhere or beyond the relevant educational background?
- Has the talent done courses outside of their formal education? Are those courses relevant to this job position, or can they offer new ways that are worth exploring?
- Beyond formal education qualifications, what other qualities am I looking out for?