Discover how having an Employer of Record (EOR) in Japan helps businesses hire employees quickly & efficiently so you can expand your business smoothly without interruption
This is a common struggle for many high growth companies due to the language barriers, cultural differences and the complex, ever-changing employment laws. Look no further than our employer of record solution.
Sit back while focus on your core business while we take care of the rest.
Got a great business idea and looking to hire employees in Japan? AYP Group (AYP) has got your back! Our Japan EOR helps you hire employees quickly and efficiently, so you can focus on your business goals.
Forget about the lengthy and expensive process of setting up a legal entity – we’ll take care of all the HR, benefits, payroll, and tax needs for the employees.
Our solution offers complete transparency in pricing, so you know exactly what you’re paying for and can manage your workforce costs more effectively.
Our all-in-one compliance management system simplifies HR processes across jurisdictions, freeing up your time to focus on growing your business.
With our platform, you have access to local compliance experts who can guide you through the complexities of managing a distributed workforce, ensuring that you stay compliant with local laws and regulations.
Don’t let the complexities of employment laws in Japan slow down your business growth. Choose our employer of record solution and simplify your hiring process.
Japan is a sovereign island nation located in East Asia. It is the fourth largest island country in the world with a population of over 126 million people. The country is known for its rich culture, unique traditions, and advanced technology.
Japan has a high-income mixed economy, the third largest in the world by nominal GDP, and is a major exporter of various goods, including automobiles, electronics, and steel.
The country is also home to numerous landmarks and tourist destinations, including Tokyo, its bustling capital city, and Mount Fuji, its iconic mountain. The Japanese people enjoy a high standard of living and the country has a highly developed healthcare system.
Japanese Yen (JPY)
Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
There are several types of employment contracts in Japan, including:
1.Regular Employee Contract (Seishain): This is a permanent and full-time employment contract that provides job security and various benefits, such as health insurance and paid leave.
2. Non-Regular Employee Contract (Hi-sei): This type of contract includes part-time, temporary, and fixed-term employment. Non-regular employees usually receive fewer benefits compared to regular employees.
3. Dispatched Employee Contract (Haken): This type of contract is for employees who are dispatched to a company by a staffing agency.
4. Part-Time Employee Contract (Arubaito): This is a contract for individuals who work fewer hours than regular employees.
5. Internship Contract (Intānshipu): This type of contract is for students or recent graduates who work at a company to gain experience.
6. Freelance Contract (Furīraunsu): This type of contract is for self-employed individuals who provide services to clients on a project basis.
The standard work week in Japan is 40 hours, which is typically spread over five days, Monday to Friday
In accordance with the law, these are some of the national holidays in Japan:
In Japan, there are several government-run social security organizations that provide various benefits to citizens, including health insurance, pension plans, and unemployment insurance. Some of the main organizations include:
All employees are required to participate in the national pension plan, health insurance, and employment insurance programs. Employers and employees both contribute to the cost of these programs through payroll taxes.
The amounts contributed vary depending on the individual’s income and other factors, but typically the employer covers around 70% of the total cost, while the employee covers the remaining 30%.