Cambodia EOR Solutions
Are you looking to hire employees in Cambodia for your business? AYP Group can help you simplify the process. Our Cambodian EOR service handles HR, benefits, payroll, and tax needs, allowing you to easily hire employees and test out new markets in Cambodia. Our EOR solutions allow you to build your team without the hassle of setting up a separate entity or worrying about contractor risks. Let us take care of the details while you focus on your business goals. Contact us now to get started!
Cambodia is a Southeast Asian country located in the southwestern part of the Indochina Peninsula. It has a population of over 16 million people and is bordered by Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and the Gulf of Thailand. Cambodia has a developing economy that is heavily reliant on agriculture, with major crops including rice, rubber, and tobacco. The country is also a major exporter of garments and textiles.
Cambodian Riel (KHR)
constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary democracy
Employment contracts in Cambodia are legally binding agreements between an employer and employee that outline the terms and conditions of employment. These contracts are governed by Cambodian labor laws, which are designed to protect the rights of both employers and employees.
There are two main types of employment contracts in Cambodia: fixed-term contracts and open-ended contracts. Fixed-term contracts have a predetermined start and end date, while open-ended contracts have no predetermined end date and can be terminated by either the employer or employee with appropriate notice.
The standard working hours per week are 48 hours, with a maximum of 8 hours per day
In accordance with the law, these are some of the national holidays in Cambodia.
- New Year’s Day: January 1st
- International Women’s Day: March 8th
- International Labor Day: May 1st
- King’s Birthday: October 14th
- Constitution Day: September 24th
- Independence Day: November 9th
- Human Rights Day: December 10th
- Victory Day: January 7th
- Pchum Ben: September or October (dates vary each year)
In Cambodia, employees are entitled to a range of benefits under the country’s labor laws. These benefits are designed to protect the rights and well-being of workers and can include the following:
- Minimum wage: Employers in Cambodia are required to pay their employees a minimum wage, which is determined by the government and reviewed and adjusted periodically.
- Social security: Employees in Cambodia are entitled to social security coverage, which includes pension, medical, and unemployment insurance. Employers are required to contribute a certain percentage of the employee’s salary towards these insurance premiums.
- Paid holidays: Employees in Cambodia are entitled to a certain number of paid holidays each year, including national holidays, annual leave, and special leave for certain circumstances such as marriage or bereavement.
- Overtime pay: Employees in Cambodia are entitled to overtime pay if they work more than the standard working hours, which are typically 8 hours per day or 48 hours per week. The rate of overtime pay is generally higher than the regular hourly wage.
- Health and safety: Employers in Cambodia are required to provide a safe and healthy working environment for their employees and to take appropriate measures to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Maternity and paternity leave: Female employees in Cambodia are entitled to 90 days of maternity leave, and male employees are entitled to 15 days of paternity leave.
Find out about AYP’s total workforce management solution today!
Learn more about AYP Global Pay, Asia Pacific’s smartest People and Payroll Management System. Contact our HR specialists to learn more.