As a motivated Shared Services Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible to combine technology and design in forming our systems architecture and design with teams of developers and engineers.
Your objective is to identify and propose, as well as scale services used by multiple projects, i.e., JuzTalent & GlobalPay. Collaborate with different stakeholders and departments; Propose and provide strategic suggestions on technology & tools used for different projects.
- Propose to extract and scale services used by multiple projects.
- Write clean, well-designed, efficient, testable, and reusable code.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Design, present, develop, and integrate with restful APIs, user-facing elements, data storage solutions, and third-party libraries.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the software, including applications, databases, interfaces, and new functionalities.
- Coordinate and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Be abreast of the latest tech updates and best practices.
- Provide support for the desk with product-related questions or issues.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with a solid foundation.
- Min 5 years or more experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience in at least 3 programming languages (with min 1 in Advanced / Fluent level)
- Experience in at least 5 frameworks (with min 2 in Advanced / Fluent level)
- Experience in at least 3 database engines (with min 1 in Advanced level).
- Fluent in communication using the English language, strong presentation skills, and ability to work alongside multiple departments.
- Experience in high-traffic and high-demand software development.
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Experience in microservices and containerized development such as Docker.
- Experience in working with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience in Restful or GraphQL API development and integration.
- Able to work in a close-knit team as well as independently.
- Practice Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
- Passionate and consistently working towards high standards and goals.
Experiences in the following will be advantageous:
- Experience in SOLID and DRY principles.
- Experience in Serverless stack.
- Experience in TDD and design patterns.
- Experience in AWS cloud services, such as SQS, Lambda, API Gateway and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience in monitoring tools such as New Relic, Splunk, Datadog, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline using any CI/CD tools such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins, and Circle CI.
- Understanding of APIs, horizontally scalable services, and data modelling.
- Understand orchestration tools such as Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
- Understand the automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Helm, and Terraform.
- Experience and/or certifications in Google, AWS, Azure, and Alibaba Cloud.
- Experience in multi-threading and concurrency for high-performance applications.
**We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be considered and contacted. Thank you.
Envision a career with us at AYP Group
Capitalizing on our success, we thrive to expand our multi-talented team to be bigger and stronger. As no strangers to remote-working, we provide all employees with remote work / workstation benefits to promote productivity, comfort, and support, all while encouraging both individuality and teamwork when getting projects done.
We aim to create an environment where everyone feels driven, valued, and heard, hence, you are encouraged to be open and share your ideas – as learning never ends at AYP Group, where we also have an extensive talent development plan to ensure continuous upskilling and gaining new insights.
Work hard, play hard is what we believe in. We organize plenty of get-togethers and team bonding activities for our team to get some down time, and have fun with one another.
AYP Group is an organization with a strong presence in Asia Pacific. Not only will you have opportunities for global exposure, you will also experience cross-cultural collaboration with teams from other countries.
Click Apply Now below to reach out to our HR department.
Please do attach an up-to-date CV.