Hiring employees and contractors can be distinguished in these ten aspects:
1. Contract: Employment contract vs service agreement
2. Working relationship: Work solely full-time vs serving multiple clients.
3. Payment: Regular monthly salary vs agreed sum set in the agreement
4. Resources: Company to provide vs using own resources.
5. Expenses: Claimable vs bear all expenses
6. Work autonomy: Under control and direction vs work according to own will
7. Business relationship: Long-term relationship vs short-term stated in the agreement
8. Job delegation: Must work personally vs able to delegate tasks freely
9. Income Tax: Borne by the employer vs filling own company tax 10. Employee benefits: Entitled to claim vs no right to receive
Learn the key differences between hiring a contractor and an employee before making your hiring decision in your business expansion plan.
What are the ten (10) significant differences between an employee and an independent contractor?
Build Global Team Around the WorldHire, onboard, manage, and pay all on AYP Global Pay
Speak to us. We are here to assist